Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Prime Time!

Poof ! Where's all the choclate gone? and the party? Where's the...oh! Another dream! Its 11:00 am in the morning. Half awake, I grab the television remote and switch on the tv.
11:30 am : I am still searching for something sensible to watch but in vain...so I just switch over to mtv.
11:45 am : Now, I am finding it really hard to watch the same movie clips again and again and i am struggling to keep my interest.
11:50 am : click! I switch off the tv and turn on my pc to check my mail and all.

Well, the idiot box cannot do more justice to its name, 'cos its REALLY IDIOT! I mean, I just can't seem to find anythng sensible enough to watch. The biggest criminals are the news channels, especially the hindi ones. Somehow, they just seem to have run out of news. They show all types of crap; astrology, ghostly stories, spiced up small incidents...Why can't these gyus use their brains and come up with something even near to sanity. I mean, come on! The last thing we want to see on a news channel is a ' baba's ' astro-gyan on why is Delhi having early monsoons!

If you thought that wasn't crazy enough, check out our 'supposed-to-be entertainment' channels. What's happened to them? I bet you can't find anything except those creepy family dramas, with creepier women and even creepier background scores...aaaaahhhhh!!!

And by the way, you must have noticed the latest trend by now, haven't you? Those talent hunt sops? Well, it statrted off with indian idol. Ok. Then came one more. Ok. But now, the tv is flooded by these shows, with every channel coming up with its own 'version'; like there's any difference! Somebody needs to tell them to stop otherwise every other Indian will start to think he's a KK or Sonu Nigam. And we don't want to see them out of business, do we?

The only little something I get on the television comes courtesy mtv, channel V and other like music channels. Atleast they are doing their job! But how long can one listen to the same songs and videos again and again?

So guys I think I've had enough of this crap. But what can I do? My dad doesn't own the Star Network or the Aaj Tak. Guess, I'll have to wait for the next good movie they are showing on HBO. Until then, its happy blogging for me!

No comments:

My Cooliris Wall