Monday, July 12, 2010

If Only...


Now, I've read The Alchemist, I've listened to lectures with the truest of hearts, heck I've also seen 3 idiots! But somehow I've always found this theory of 'Do whatever you wanna do' a bit hard to practice.
I've always wondered why most of us never make this simplest of choices! Why do we, more often than not, go for the alternate and end up rather dissatisfied no matter what the result? Why do we let that cloud of 'What If?' loom large and dark upon us? Why do we let the burden of our future crush the life out of our present?
Well, I don't know...I myself am obviously plagued. Now it’s not like I’ve had to make some really hard choices on my way or that I’ve had to make any kind of sacrifices! But here’s the thing...What actually is a sacrifice? Do we even realise when we chose against our choice or have we lost that perception completely? What about those small, itsy-bitsy choices that we leave unconsidered?.. aren’t they the miniscules of our desires we suppress? But then again...why?
I guess different people, blame it on our psyche, have different reasons. I still haven’t figured out mine yet! But I’ve had for myself what they call ‘a lesson learnt in time’. There was this particular thing I was a bit baffled about. In my case it was the choices of my friends that clouded my own. Maybe I was too influenced by their goals and selections rather than mine, not recognising what I wanted.
But after all that confusion and mentation, I’ve decided to follow the road I wanna follow. I realise I might end up in a pit, but then it would be a delight to fall into one! I won’t have to deal with all that tension and confusion, won’t have to trade anything for gratification, won’t have to live under that cloud!
Whoever said life ain’t a bed of roses! You never know...the easy way might just be the best way!

No comments:

My Cooliris Wall